KHC has cemented its position as the world’s foremost value investor. Our strategic emphasis is on identifying optimal opportunities to invest and realize value from underperforming or undervalued assets worldwide. It is this recognition of long-term potential that has secured KHC a leading position globally.
KHC sees great worth in specialist investment interests. As one of the world’s largest hotel investors, KHC have a portfolio of leading hotels and a majority interest in international hotel management companies.
Globally one of the largest and most diverse investment companies, KHC have developed a strong, cohesive vision to lead our current and future investment strategy.
KHC’s investment strategy is implemented across different markets and sectors on the basis of scientific methods and careful analysis of the local, regional and global market dynamics. We have an in-depth understanding of the most promising investment opportunities in a variety of sectors, including consumer, education, energy, financial, healthcare, manufacturing, media and education, private equity, hospitality and aviation, real estate and technology.
In addition, KHC believes in the principle of constant business development, diversification and geographic expansion. As such, KHC’s business activities have expanded from the local market to cover extensive regional and global markets. The success of KHC’s strategy is well proven by our numerous projects in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and abroad. Many of these are innovative landmark projects reflecting KHC’s commitment to contribute to the growth of the national economy while consolidating our stature as an exceptional leading company in the global arena.
KHC’s investment strategy is founded on core investment principles:
- Investment in high performance and leading brands – we believe in the value of branding excellence and seek to invest in the world’s best-known brands. We know that established branding enhances stable and predictable earnings. Companies with recognized brands are more likely to capitalize on continued globalization and growth trends in the world economy.
- Long-term investment approach – we strive for long-term investments and seek businesses with strong management teams that are capable of delivering sustained growth and continuously strong returns. We continue to support management teams while seeking to be a active investors. These active investment positions are large enough to give KHC a voice in the strategic management of our portfolio companies.
- Extract value from underperforming assets – KHC are experienced in acquiring and extracting additional value from underperforming and undervalued assets. We seek opportunities with the potential to unlock value based on the experience and management expertise of HRH Prince Alwaleed and the KHC management team.
- Focus on core growth and value-added industry sectors – our reputation has been achieved through a focus on growth sectors where value can be added. Predominantly these sectors are real estate, hotels and hotel management companies, banking and financial services, media and technology, investment funds, consumer, healthcare and education, petrochemicals and industrial sectors.
- Network of contacts – HRH Prince Alwaleed has developed extensive contacts among government and business leaders throughout the Middle East and globally. These contacts allow KHC to gain access to positive investment opportunities and create synergies among separate assets.
As a major company with global interests, KHC is committed to operating to the very highest ethical and moral standards. This common goal is extended to our company’s ever-growing portfolio of investments.