Kingdom Holding Company (KHC), chaired by HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, held a board meeting at 2:00pm at the company’s headquarters and the Company’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) at 4:00pm on Monday, March 31st 2014 at the Four Seasons Hotel, Riyadh.
The AGM meeting was attended by the KHC Board that is comprised of Eng. Talal Almaiman, Executive Director for Development and Domestic Investments, Dr. Adel Alsayed, Executive Director for Private Equity, International Investments, Mr. Sarmad Zok, Executive Director of Hotel Investments, and the Non-Executive board members that included Mr. Shadi Sanbar, Senior Financial Advisor to the Chairman, Dr. Khaled Al-Saheem, Eng. Taher Agueel and Eng. Rasha Elhoshan. Moreover, Mr. Saleh Al Sagri’s proxy was provided to HRH, the Chairman of KHC. The meeting was also attended by Mr. Mohammed Fahmy, KHC’s CFO.
Moreover, the AGM meeting appointed Mr. Ziyad Alomair KHC’s Relations Manager as its secretary. The AGM meeting was also attended by representatives from the Ministry of Commerce and the Capital Market Authority (CMA).
The shareholders approved all the resolutions presented at the AGM with the denoted votes as follows:
(1) Approval of the Board of Directors’ Report for the year ended 31/12/2013.
(2) Approval of the Company’s financial statements for the year ended 31/12/2013.
(3) Releasing the Board of Directors for their actions during the period from 01/01/2013 to 31/12/2013.
(4) Approval of the Audit Committee’s proposal to select external auditors for the year 2014.
(5) Approval of the Board of Directors for the distribution of quarterly dividends of 2013 with a total of 550.3 million Riyals.
(6) Approval to authorize the Board of Directors to distribute quarterly dividends amounted to SR655.9 million for year 2014.
(7) Approval of appointing Dr. Adel Alsayed as an Executive Board member.
Approval of the Company’s new corporate governance regulations.